My Son In Law, His Words and A Dearborn Heater

Over some period of time I have indicated there were medical concerns within my family. Because he is a strong willed man, well capable of taking care of his and his families needs and because he is a proud man who asked us not to share his medical concerns with the world, I have respected his wishes. Despite my vagueness, as you always do, our friends have been supportive both in thought and in prayer and it has been very much appreciated. Well, my son in law, Kenneth Ford, has now opened up and is sharing his load and his thoughts and out of respect to you, my friends, and your unquestioning support in the past, I want to share his words with you. Amber and I gained a son with Kenneth and want to share our love for him with you. Family and Friends Always!


Here are the words of my Son In Law, Kenneth Ford as he posted last night:

The wounds a Dearborn heater can mend: Things I keep "under my vest" are some of the strangest things! I had a brain tumor removed June 2003, made it almost ten years with no treatment of any kind. Those ten years I feel I really got on with living,realizing the stellar wife I have & had two cool kiddos! In mar. 2014 the cancer returned (cancer is a bastard). So, chemo here we go. The cancer responded well, in October 2014 I got off the chemo thinking we had it beat . Dec.2014 at a scheduled MRI we learned cancer really is a bastard. In jan. Of this year I started radiation & chemo concurrently. Lord willing next wed. Will be the end of cancers travels with me. For all this time I think I've almost been ashamed or afraid to let people know that I have (had) cancer, not sure of the way it would effect their view of me. Shame on me.... I give you my word, if you see me on the street, you'll see Ken Ford a guy that's proud that he's married to Shaye Beck Ford and the dad of two of the greatest kids to come down the pipe! Not Ken Ford a guy dealing with bastard cancer. To those of you that have helped along the way, I love you and thank you. More so, God has seen the good in you..... And is very proud . Let's all get by a dearborn heater and see what could happen.

Comments

Popular Posts