So This Is Country Life

                                              

Yesterday, as Beaux Bo & I were pulling out into the road out in front of the house in Amber's Ranger ATV, ol' Chuck came driving by in his Gator. We waved and as he drove by, I pulled out behind him headed to the dumpster to get rid of a couple of bags of garbage. When Chuck saw me pull out behind him, he pulled off the side of the road and I pulled up next to him. He said he had heard I had been catching some fish and was just curious as to what I had caught them on. I told him I kept several sized minnows and some goldfish next to the house and he was welcome to use them any time he wanted whether I was home or not. He said he had a couple of small boats and I was welcome to use them any time. I told him that most times if I needed a boat, Amber would let me use hers.

After about twenty minutes of sittin' and talkin', Clois, the Lake Keeper, pulled up next to me in his pickup going the opposite direction and stopped in the road. He joined in on the conversation by asking if we had seen a couple of kids horsing around on motorcycles. After another five minutes Audie pulled up next to the Keeper in his Dually. Audie had another fellow with him also by the name Chuck and they too joined in on the conversation. We fished for a while, rebuilt a cabin or two, talked about the folks that weren't there to defend themselves and of course talked about the weather.

About the time things were really getting interesting, Jean Todd (the first Chuck's wife) pulled up, rolled her window down and hollered, "You boys need to get out of the middle of the road so I can get home and start supper!"

Then my phone rang. It was my sweet Amber..."Where did you go, I thought you were just taking the trash to the dumpster, you need to get home because supper is getting cold....Are you okay?"

Anyway, we all mumbled our farewells and scattered like a covey of Quail, after all, it was apparently supper time.



Comments

Popular Posts