My First Rural Jury Duty

Well, I was called for jury duty in Mills county this morning at 8:30AM. The way the weather folks had been talking all week and into the weekend, I was certain it would be canceled, so I called Friday late and asked about jury duty on Monday and was told it would be held as scheduled but to check their site online over the weekend to make sure there was no change. I checked the web site all weekend and there was no changes. Before I went to bed last night I checked, no changes. I got p early this morning with sleet and ice on the ground and checked the computer and jury duty was still scheduled for 8:30AM. I called the clerk's office several times with no answer. I began listening to the local radio stations for closure information and nothing was said about my jury duty. I waited until I felt like I needed to leave in order to creep into town and make it on time. I finally arrived at 8:15AM and just as I pulled into a parking spot, the radio announced that Mills County Jury Trials had been cancelled for the day. I got out, walked around the car a couple of times, took a few deep breaths, got back in and crawled my way back home. Just as I walked in the door at home, the phone rang and a recording said that jury trials for Monday had been postponed until Tuesday at 9:00AM. Okey-dokey!!! 

Comments

Popular Posts