Please Take Time To Read




Late this afternoon I fired up the grill and began the process of baking potatoes and grilling steaks. The electronic spark igniter didn't work so I used a brand new "Click N Flame" lighter to start the grill. Everything had been cooking for less than thirty minutes and I was sitting about four feet from the grill with Beaux Bo sitting in my lap and Amber was setting by my side (I was between her and the grill). We were talking and admiring another beautiful sunset when "BAM!!!", it sounded like a twelve gauge shotgun going off next to my left ear. Something struck me on the left side of my head and arm and shrapnel like pieces hit all around us.

The Click N Flame lighter butane lighter had exploded. I had laid the lighter on a shelve about two feet from the grill. I imagine there are several possibilities as to why it exploded but the location it had been laying was not hot but was a little warm to the touch. Fortunately I was between the explosion and Amber and I was struck by light pieces of plastic and suffered only a slight bump, ringing left ear and a headache. Amber and Beaux Bo were okay other than nerves.

I am sharing this info because I was doing what I and thousands of others have done 100's of times without giving an occurrence such as this a thought but you can bet the bank, it will be on my mind from now on.

Comments

Popular Posts