Medical Day

Well, today was Medical Day for Amber and I. We traveled back to the DFW area to see a few of our 'ologist (when they tack ologist on their specialty it gives them the right to talk faster and charge more money). My biggest concern was my Cardiologist because for some unexplainable reason I have gained about twenty pounds since my last visit. I have dreaded this visit for about the last month. However, he went on and on how well my lab work looked. My cholesterol was unbelievably low and all my other numbers were well in range. He patted me on the back, told me how proud he was, said he wasn't going to change a thing and with a big smile on his face told to get out of his office and don't come back for six months. I was so relieved as I walked out into the crowded waiting room, I had done all that worrying about my weight for nothing. Then, about the time I was in the middle of the waiting room, the door behind me swung open, the Doctor leaned in and hollered, "Oh yeah Beck, if you don't lose about thirty bounds by the time you come back, I'm going to kick your butt!"

Amber's visit with her Doctor went well, her blood pressure was good and the swelling in her legs had subsided and other than possibly changing some medications when the rest of her labs come in the Doctor seemed please. Amber was quick to pointing out at least her Doctor didn't scream at her as she was leaving.

Last I saw my Skinologist (I'm sure I have been the main financial source behind his new offices). I very seldom leave his office with as much skin as I had when I walked in and today was no exception. While he prepared to take a sample from the top of my head to send for biopsy, his nurse leaned in and asked, "Doctor, would you like for me to shave the area before you begin?"

He removed his mask so I could see his smile and said, "No, I don't think these two hairs are going to get in my way."


We are back home now, we'll hear from the Skin Dude in a week to ten days and see if we'll be traveling back in the direction of the kids and grand kids for something that may actually require a little head shaving. 

Comments

Popular Posts