Christmases, Yesterday's, Today's and Tomorrow's

I remember back in the younger days (not all of them but some) the huge letdown as Christmas came to an end and I said goodbye to the last of the visiting family as they boarded their cars  and headed back home. All that had taken days to build up and plan was over in just minutes as I stood waving until they were out of sight. Then I grew older and most of the responsibilities that come with a festive holiday had been assumed by my generation and while still enjoyable, the feeling of relief became part of saying goodbye after Christmas. Tomorrow the last of my kids and grand kids will say goodbye and as I stand waving as they drive away, there will be no relief, there will be a little emptiness and thoughts of our next gathering.

 

Comments

Popular Posts