Almost One Less Guitar picking Finger

Well, this afternoon I did something kind of stupid. I know, you're sitting there thinking, "So?" I was doing some woodwork for Amber out in the shop and somehow got the middle finger of my left hand engaged with a power saw blade. It cut into the end of my finger then on into my fingernail. For a few seconds things got real intense. There was blood everywhere and made it difficult to see how bad it was, if medical assistance was needed and if I needed to pass out. Amber , as usual, was there in a flash cleaning the wound and doing everything she could to "make it better " (I remember her always telling the kids that). After all the dust (Blood) had settled we (I) determined other than it being real sore, there was no need to go past first aid at this point.
Amber caringly bandaged my finger, asked about a hundred questions about the wound and finally said to let her know if there was anything else she could do. I told her thank you but that I supposed the worst thing for a while would be that I wouldn't be able to play my guitar for a while. She gave me what seemed like a sympathetic hug and she and Beaux Bo walked into another room. Within seconds of her departure, I could hear the muffled cheers and high fives of Amber and Beaux Bo in the next room. Amber needs to learn that it is her that has a hearing loss, not me!

Comments

Popular Posts