Stay Young For A While Longer

Our Daughters Shay and Shanon grew up way too fast!
When I was young and not afraid to dream, I wished I could be older and enjoy all the neat things that that age would bring. I eventually grew older and began enjoying all the neat things that came with it. Among the best of things were my children. They were my life and all I could think of was that I wished that they didn't have to grow up. They grew up despite my wishes and they too inherited all the neat stuff that older people enjoy which included my grandchildren. Now, it seems, I spend about half my time remembering my yesterdays and wishing I was once again young, and about half my time enjoying my age and all the neat stuff I have to be thankful for. I guess overall I am content with most everything now, except, it would be nice if the grand kids would stay young for a while longer.

Comments

Popular Posts