Reminiscing

I don't know if it is an age thing or not, the fact that I spend more time reminiscing about the past, in particular my past. I suppose age would seem to be an acceptable, or at least handy, excuse due to the fact the older we get the more memories we should have, at least for a while. What I try to do is accept and even enjoy those memories, but not let the warmth and the safety of something that has already happened become an over powering influence on what I'm doing today or will hopefully do tomorrow. Memories can stimulate the mind and even warm the heart, but today holds the opportunity to talk, listen, hold and love those that are part of me and that will determine my day and tomorrows. I can't afford to miss today while hiding within the grips of yesterday.


Comments

Popular Posts