Somewhere Between Priddy, Indian Gap and Potsville, Texas

Well, Amber and I got up early this morning and headed to Hamilton for me to get some lab work done. We started out the same way we have traveled probably a hundred times before by driving to Priddy with the intentions of cutting across Highway 218 through Indian Gap, Pottsville and then Hamilton. About half way between Priddy and Indian Gap we came to barricades and a sign that said "Bridge Out" with no detours or prior warning that you ain't gonna finish your trip on this road. So, I turned around, after voicing my displeasure, and headed back toward Priddy for half a mile until we came to a gravel county road. Despite Amber's objections, I decided to turn on that road rather than backtrack all the way back the way we came. After zigzagging on gravel roads for longer than I would want to admit and listening to Amber' dissertation on getting lost somewhere in Mills, Comanche or Hamilton County in 2016, we finally came to a paved road in the city of Energy, Texas with a sign saying Hamilton 16 Mi. Amber went on and on about no telling how many miles we had traveled and still ended up sixteen miles from Hamilton. I reminded her that, if we hadn't taken that dirt road, we wouldn't have been able to take visiting Energy, Texas off our Bucket List. When we arrived at the Medical Facility, Amber suggested I should probably avoid getting my blood pressure checked because she hadn't packed a bag.

Comments

Popular Posts