Hey Pop!



Hey Pop! Well, it's Father's Day again and while there aren't many days that pass that I don't see something that reminds me of you, hear something that you would have liked  or hear your laugh, this day carries a little more emotion than others. I know back in my younger days I had my doubts about you and you had doubts about me, not saying we didn't love each other because we did, but there was doubt, or was it more concern, because we were so busy. You were busy trying to raise five boys and I was busy trying to have a good time. I wish I'd known then what I think I know now. Being a father is not always easy other than the loving part. As a matter of fact it is many times the loving part that makes it so difficult. To be firm, fair and loving at the same time raises doubt on younger minds and for that I'm sorry for taking so long to see it.


You would be proud of Shanon, and Shaye, as well as your great grandchildren Cole, Emily and Abbie...I know I am. They either have already celebrated extraordinary accomplishments or are well on their way to doing so. Of course these are feelings fed by a father's pride. Up to this point this pride was only matched by the tremendous pride I had when I later found out, from Mom, how proud you were of me... Thank you Pop, I love you! 

Comments

Popular Posts