Me And The Rifleman

                                 

The water main just outside our house broke this morning so we were without water all day. This afternoon I took a nap and dreamed I was in the desert with the Rifleman and his son Mark gathering salt to take home when our horses ran off with the wagon and water barrel. We were so thirsty and I look over and there is Amber drinking bottled water. I asked where she got it and she said out of the refrigerator. That's when Lucas (The Rifleman) asked "What's a refrigerator?"
         
About that time Beaux Bo started digging in the sand near some rocks when all of a sudden Bud Light came bubbling out of the ground. That's when Mark hollered, "Paw! Paw! Do you want me to get the peanuts?"
         
Lucas said, "OK son, remember I love you and remember what I have always taught you, 'save a horse, ride a cowboy' is just a song."
         
About that time Lucas started rapid firing his rifle at hundreds of buzzards that were trying to drink our Bud Light. That's when I woke up with Amber in the kitchen beating the heck out of some steaks, tenderizing them for hobo steaks tonight.



Comments

Popular Posts