Beck To The Rescue

The other day I went for a relaxing walk in a beautiful park enjoying the scenery and the cool morning breeze. I was walking about ten yards or so behind an older gentleman who, all of a sudden, started flailing his arms, hitting himself with his hands as his body twisted and jerked. Although it has been a while, my First Aid training kicked in as it became apparent the man was having convulsions. I ran toward the man pulling my billfold from my pocket. Just as I reached him he turned toward me and, with a smile on his face, said, "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't intend on startling you, I just walked into a spider web!" Well, I wasn't nearly as startled as he would have been after I shoved my billfold in his mouth, placed him on the ground and secured his arms and legs. 

Comments

Popular Posts