Today

Well, today was not a typical day for me, although it would be difficult for me to judge typical as compared to nontypical due to the fact I don't know for a fact how often you have to repeat something for it to be typical. Oh well, I'll get Amber to look it up one of these days. Anyway, I got up this morning at  5:00 AM and was actually able to function enough to gather the wherewithal to drive back to the DFW area to join my son in law Kenneth Ford  and family to say goodbye to his Grandma Betty. It was a good farewell from a good strong family with both tears and laughter.

During the service my mind drifted back to my own Mother and to the fact that she has been gone such a long time. It struck me that Grandma Betty was born in 1930, the same year as my Mom and then I began to recollect a good number of folks born in 1930 and before who are still sharing their love and their live with family and friends. If not for fate and a plethora of other complex combinations of life situations, Mom could be alive today. It was about that time I heard Mom say, "Terry, you hush! I am where I need to be and with those I need to be with. There will always be more to life than just living!"


After the service, Amber let me go by Academy to resupply some of my fishing stuff, then we ate Chinese food for lunch, something I have yet to do in Goldthwaite and then we drove by our previous house in Burleson just to punish ourselves a bit before heading on to Granbury for my Doctor's appointment in order to extinguish some nose concerns of mine. Come to find out I had a few sutures that were missed on removal day and they were raising Cain. I asked about the scarring and if I could expect any changes for the better. I was told I would eventually learn to present my right profile when talking to someone on the squeamish side (Just kidding).  I was actually told to come back in two months and they would try to get rid of some of the scarring and skin mismatching by grinding, adjusting and matching of skin tones. When asked if I needed any explanations as to the procedure, I told them it would not be necessary because my Dad had been one of the best  Body men in Brownwood.

Comments

Popular Posts