Children, The Joy Of The Present

After having the privilege of my three grandchildren's company for several days, I was able to make several observations. Though these observations are more emotionally based than profound they give me a good feeling. It would seem to me that young children have little or no past to be of any concern and certainly have very little interest about the future other than maybe tomorrow. So, being they have no real concern for the past or for the future, they devote most all their time enjoying the present. It then is my wish that they live in the happiness of the present as long as possible and let us parents and grandparents remember the past and plan for the future, thus bringing us our brand of happiness. Children and grandchildren, the joy of the present, the dreams of the past and the comfort of our tomorrows.


Comments

Popular Posts