I remember


As a child I remember loving to fish. It wasn't so much about catching fish as it was the anticipation, the preparations and the company I had. 

I remember loving to race. It wasn't so much the winning as much as it was the love of running.

I embraced the chance to play sports and games. While it always felt good to win, it was playing the game that fueled my drive and my energy, not the winning.

I remember how easy it was to love and there were so many I loved along the way. However, as I remember, it was always the feeling of being loved that meant the most.

It seems I may have lost these memories along the way, but only for a while. Now all the fabrications of mid life success have been stripped bare and allowed to fade, life's simple truths once again guide my heart and soul and for that I am thankful.

Comments

Popular Posts