As I Stand Alone


I never had the knowledge of a Doctor, but I've stood by a hospital bed and have seen new lives come into this world and have sat and said goodbye to loving souls leaving. I've never traveled through and enjoyed the exotic beauties of the world, but I've seen a child marvel as a butterfly slipped from its cocoon. I have never had the privilege of sharing the room with the world's greatest  entertainers, but I have heard a child's first laugh, first word and watched them take their first step. I have never consoled the masses because of catastrophic losses, but I've held a child who has lost their first friend, I've held my sweet love as tears roll down our cheeks and I cry for all the losses, hardships, pain and hunger around the world as I stand alone and pray.

Comments

Popular Posts