Ah The City

I took my little red truck down to the quick oil change place to get it inspected this morning. Outside the building, nestled among beautiful shrubs and trees was a small picnic table sitting on the plush green grass. I walked over to the table, sat down, leaned back and closed my eyes. I could hear the birds singing, the leaves clattering in the breeze, the roar of trucks flying down the interstate, motorcycles and cars taking off from the red light, the men in the building hollering, "Clear in bay two!" and the shrill sound of a train whistle blowing for a crossing fifty yards away. I could smell Bar B Q cooking in the distance accompanied by the stale smell of French fry grease and chicken mingled in with the smell of diesel fumes from the train and trucks. Come to think of it, I don't think the birds were singing, I think they were complaining. Ah, the life in the city.

Comments

Popular Posts