Not The Best Of Days

                               

Well, it's been a long day. I woke this morning with nothing but good intentions, call the insurance folks and get the ball rolling quickly concerning the damage done to Amber's car when a big beautiful doe made the decision to run in front  of a large motor vehicle rather than become impregnated by a  measly four point buck. Poor doe, poor complex saddled buck! I talked to the local agent, who told me everything I needed to know while making me feel comfortable about the situation. Then another insurance dude from somewhere called me and talked to me for a long time and said nothing. Then another insurance person called and completed my trip to total confusion.

Then just as we were leaving to limp the car to the body shop, thirty miles away, the rent car person called and told me he had received word from my insurance company and had a vehicle reservation number for me, making me feel a little better.  We finally reached the body shop and things went wonderfully, other than the estimated $2966.82 the shy loveless doe was going to cost, poor me! I then went to the rent car folks and told them I was ready to pick up my rent vehicle. They smiled and with cheer in their voice they informed me there was no  cars available. I reminded them they had called me earlier and given me a vehicle reservation number. Their response, "Just because you received a number doesn't mean we actually have cars available." I then responded (the following has been edited should the younger folks  or those claiming to be pure of heart read this)  I guessed everything would work out if I just showed the police officer who pulled me over for driving a car without legal lights and turn signals the rental car reservation number you gave me earlier today! They responded that they could very well have a car in by late afternoon or tomorrow (Not Tomorrow Morning, Tomorrow!)  They said they would call me when a car was available. I said thank you #@!$#%$, I live 30 miles from here so that's certainly not a problem!

By then it was noon! We were hungry and decided we were hungry for a hamburger. We went to a new fast food joint and ordered hamburgers.  The hot dogs they brought us weren't bad, they just weren't hamburgers. After eating we decided to kill some time  in hopes they would get us a rent car in before we left. I took Amber to a store and she bought some stuff. I took Amber to another store and she bought some more stuff. I took Amber to another store and she bought more stuff, etc, etc. I then decided to get a haircut. I figured that would take up some time and it did, four minutes.  We went by the Post Office and mailed some bills then Amber suggested we go by the drug store and refill my blood pressure medications. I then asked Amber if she wanted to get her hair fixed and she told me she had that done yesterday and thanks for noticing.

Ready to give up and go home I told Amber we would go by the rent car place one more time before we went home.  As I walked in there was a fellow standing at the counter filling out paperwork and smiling. When he finished they told him they didn't have a car available and he reminded them he had a rental reservation number and of course they said, "Just because you have a number doesn't mean we have a car." I felt like going over and giving the other customer a man hug, but I was afraid he would hit me. I stepped up next and raised my hand to scratch my head and the car rent guy ducked. I asked him if my car was in and he said that it was. I turned to the guy that had just left the counter before me and I swear you could hear the enamel on his teeth cracking as he turned to stare.  Then the rental employee backed away from the counter and told me I would have to wait for a while until they could clean the car up. I told him unless someone had $h!# (Pooped) in the front seat, the car would be fine as is.


We finally received our rent car, a little fancy car with more whistles and bells and buttons than I have ever seen before.  I thought they were going to have to use a shoe spoon to get me in the car. After  I finally figured out how to start the cat (Without a key) we were off on our thirty mile trip home. I wasn't really all that bad, by the time I figured out how to turn they radio on, we were home. As we walked into the door, my phone rang, it was yet another insurance dude from Spokane, Washington. He said, "I just received the report on your accident and here's what you need to do..."

Comments

Popular Posts