High Five

Well, I went to the Deleon, Goldthwaite football game last night and watched a heartbreaking game as Goldthwaite lost to Deleon in the last second of the game. At least Goldthwaite, like most other high school teams in the state of Texas are still in the playoffs. Hopefully they can learn from their mistakes and the referees can learn from theirs and Goldthwaite can go on to join the champions of past years.


The game was a hard hitting game both on and off the field. I'll explain. In the third quarter I walked to the concession stand to get Amber and I something to drink. Outside the concession building there were a half a dozen young gals (about kindergarten age) romping and stomping and having a good time. They were apparently practicing the art of "High Five". They would holler "High Five!" , jump into the air and slap hands well above their heads. Well, this one little gal, about three feet tall, charged me with her hand held high and yelling, "High Five, High Five, High Five"! So, in the spirit of the game, I held my hand up, she jumped as high as she could and swung her little hand toward mine. There was a loud pop as she slapped me right in the mouth. She just missed my hand about a foot and a half. She was very kind about it, asking me if I was okay and saying she was sorry. I told her I was fine thinkin' I was just glad she hadn't hit me in the nose.......

Comments

Popular Posts