Figuring My Worth

Today I've decided to take stock and figure my worth. I've counted my money, not difficult at all; I've gathered and counted my stocks, bonds and other investments, again, it didn't take long; I've estimated the worth of my (our) worldly possessions, not worth as much to others as me; and then, in an effort to appear deep in thought and complete in my assessments, decided to deduct and deduce the value of my friends. My first problem, just because I consider myself a friend to them, they may not reciprocate the honor. Another thought, are all friends worth the same or are some more valuable than others. Are friends that you see often worth more than those not seen at all. Then you get into all the varying degrees of friendship:  best, very best, old, new, oldest, girl friend, boy friend....Is there a Blue Book that lists the value of friends based on their condition and /or the demand for their type. I think I'll not concern myself with my value. As long as I break even when my time comes and my family is joined by my friends making the goodbyes respectable.

Comments

Popular Posts