I Ran Faster Then


I have run faster than I will ever run again. There used to be no tree I couldn't climb and now none that I can climb but for that matter, why should I want or need to. I once had what seemed to be an unlimited number of family and friends to love and share what seemed then to be days without end. Now my days are shorter and fewer in number  but  of more value with less waste. Family and friends, though fewer, are cherished and respected more than ever. There are so many things I used to could do but now, for one reason are another, I no longer do. Most feats mastered in my younger days are no longer necessary. Hopefully I am smarter and wiser and as I tell my tales of days past, I run faster than I ever did,  the trees are taller, my family was royalty and my friends were always there.

Comments

Popular Posts