Me And My Sidekick

                            


Beau Bo, my trusty sidekick,  and I went out and took care of a few chores along the cold damp shoreline of the lake. I was bundled up in heavy winter wear and Beaux Bo had on his nice wooly sweater. For a while it really felt pretty good with the refreshing cold wind blowing across the lake, but a little while later the cool moist temperatures began to penetrate the several layers of clothes I was wearing. I turned to my trusty sidekick to see if he was ready to go in and he was gone. I turned and looked toward the house and there was Beaux Bo about halfway to the door, running as fast as his old short wobbly legs would take him.

I girded up my britches and took off after him as fast as I could (talk about wobbly legs), however he beat me to the house  and even had time to knock on the door and for his mother to open it and let him into the house. About that time I stumbled up to the door. "Are you alright?" asked Amber.

"Why, did you see me running?" I answered.

" Oh, is that what you were doing? You better get in here and warm up for a while, Festus !" Amber replied.

The warmth of the fireplace did feel good as I walked by on the way to the bedroom to remove a couple of layers of clothing. As I finished reducing my attire to a more suitable level for indoors, Beaux Bo ran to my feet and set up on his hindquarters waving to me wanting his sweater removed. I removed his sweater and he immediately began running, diving and rolling over and over on the thick plush carpet like a young puppy.

He looked so young and full of energy I couldn't help but join him. I dove to the floor (hey, I'm the one telling this story), began rolling over and over on the carpet, throwing and chasing Beaux Bo's ball and pillow along with BB and then chasing BB around the room on my hands and knees. We were having a blast. I felt so young, until Amber came in and had to help me up off the floor after she made me pick up all the pieces of the lamp the someone struck with a pillow.

I manned up and decided to take the blame for the incident and let my little fuzzy sidekick off the hook. So, I admitted to everything and told Amber Beaux Bo had nothing to do with it. Amber chastised me for even bringing BB's name into it as she pointed to him laying, eyes closed, in front of the fireplace. Me thinks a new sidekick may be in order...have you ever heard a dog chuckle?

  

Comments

Popular Posts