I Am Finally Who I Am

Grand kids always help  keep you grounded.
I am finally who I am. While I would hope to be liked and even loved, I no longer run in the popular races. Yes, I am who I am and there are reasons why I do what I do, just as you are who you are, doing what you do. I no longer take the time to pretend to be something or someone I'm not and because of that I now have more time to see and appreciate who  you are. It's a shame I've spent such a large portion of my life remolding myself over and over according to what the popular eyes wanted to see. Now, because of my childish shortcomings, I wonder how many fine friends with so much good to offer have patiently waited only to become disheartened and disappointed because I kept wondering off testing the grass on the other side of the fence. 

Comments

Popular Posts