Father's Day 2019

It's Father's Day, while I think of my Dad every day, this is the day I miss him most. I miss the way he called me by my initials instead of my name and the way he showed his love with a minimum of words. I remember the strength of his hand and arms when we said goodbye for the last time. The greatest gift he ever gave me was the love he had for Mom. His love became more obvious as time rolled on. He stood by Mom and helped her in her fierce battle with cancer, all the while slowly and silently giving way to his own deadly illness. I am proud to be his son and I am driven by and thankful for his love and his memory. To all my fellow fathers, Happy Father's Day to you, may all your memories and the memories of your children be forever good and full of love.

Comments

Popular Posts