Ah, Country Living



Amber and I love living out in the country but along with all good things, there are lessons to be learned. We love all the deer that hang out around our place and they love Amber's plants. Now Amber has learned to buy plants and flowers that deer don't eat but there are some flowers she just loves to have that the deer also love to have for a midnight snack. So, we moved the plants up on the front porch near the front door thinking they wouldn't bother them there....wrong! I bought a small bottle of spray stuff that claims would keep deer away, it didn't.


I finally decided I just didn't spray enough of the stinky stuff to be effective, so, I went down and bought a gallon of the stuff. I sprayed the plants on the front porch, I sprayed the front porch, I even sprayed the wall around the front porch and just to make sure I covered all bases, I sprayed the grass around the front porch. Well, it worked. We have had no deer. However, Beaux Bo refused to go outside, there is apparently now a "No Fly Zone" for birds over and around our house, Amber and I use the back door only and our neighbors don't come see us anymore! What good are beautiful flowers when there is nobody around to see them?

Comments

Popular Posts