Charge Into Old Age

Well most of us fortunate enough to still be living in  the second half of a century, can still remember the younger days and  the thoughts and opinions we shared about our elders. The illnesses, the quirks, the battles of memory and sometimes loneliness. I for one was in hopes of  slipping by as many of these so called short comings as possible.  My plan was to duck my head and charge into the later years with strength and integrity and it worked for a while but there will always be snares and various traps hidden along the way. I wish I had been able to charge into the years a little farther and perhaps my momentum will carry me along with the younger folks. However, as I slow down and battle the bothersome traits of age, I realize a slower pace helps identify things like integrity, and integrity for folks like me means more the less time we have.

Comments

Popular Posts