Dream Battle

                                              
Well, I certainly had a strange dream last night. It seems I was in the Roman Army. We were in the middle of two-a-day workouts preparing for the upcoming battle season. It was hot and they had us going through a grueling schedule of throwing spears, running sprints with a hundred pound shield strapped to our back, swinging swords and cutting tackling dummies in half and spending hours a day memorizing the battle plan play book. We only had a couple of weeks before battle season would start and we were picked to win it all again.

As battle day came closer, we were issued our brand new battle gear. It was a nice change from the old torn uniforms, riddled with holes and covered in blood stains that were impossible to clean. Then came battle day and we allowed to wear our new uniforms to the pep rally. The cheerleaders were beautiful, although some of the older Senator's wives took offense to the  cheerleader's short togas.


It was close to battle time and we were in the locker room getting psyched. We were confident, after all we were the 6A defending champions and our opponents were a little 4A empire from the other side of the Mediterranean. Finally it was battle time and we were lined up in the Power I formation ready to receive (we had won the coin toss). After all my hard work and training, I was finally going to be able to show my stuff! The trumpets sounded and the battle began. My adrenaline was pumping as I charged down the battlefield! Suddenly I was struck in the chest....I looked down and laying at my feet was a yellow penalty flag. The Ref ran over to me and said I was being penalized for failure to wear a helmet and would spend the rest of the battle on the sideline. As I ran (Slowly) to the sideline the Emperor met me and asked why in the heck I didn't have my helmet on? I told him I just forgot...but the truth was the helmet was heavy and gave me a terrible headache, plus it messed my hair up.      

Comments

Popular Posts