Goldthwaite vs. Jim Ned, The Rest Of The Story

                 
The other day I told of our trip to Tuscola to watch the Goldthwaite/Jim Ned football game. I also mentioned we ran over to Buffalo Gap to eat before the game and were a little late getting to the game. Well, when we got to the game the visitor's side was already pretty full but we spotted a few empty seats about a third of the way up on the forty yard line. I figured they were being saved for someone but thought we would ask. The gentleman, with a huge smile on his face, said the seats were all ours. I couldn't believe we were so lucky.

Just as we sat down, the second quarter began. All of a sudden there was this tremendous, bellowing voice directly behind us, "LET'S GO EAGLES, LET'S GO EAGLES, LET'S GO EAGLES!!!!" I believe it was the loudest human voice without the aid of electronics I had ever heard! I slowly turned my head to see who the source of this decibel smashing voice was. I had no more than turned my head when, "DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE!!!" I could actually feel the skin on my face rippling from the tremendous sound waves.

My wife, Amber, is completely deaf in on ear and only has about thirty percent hearing in the other actually thought she had gotten her hearing back. The source of this building shaking voice was a grandmother, about four feet tall, full of spirit and the sweetest smile you would ever want to see. Goldthwaite won a very exciting game...They wouldn't dare lose with folks like this sweet little lady as fans.

As Amber and I walked to the car, I had ringing in my ears and a slight headache, but I couldn't help but smile as I heard a familiar voice back in the stands (About a quarter of a mile away), "OKAY! DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER WHERE I PARKED MY CAR!!!"


I think we'll play it safe in the next game and sit somewhere quieter, like next to the band...    

Comments

Popular Posts