Fun On The Forth!



Well, I tried something I haven't tried in a long time this Fourth Of July. I joined my grand kids, Cole and Abbie, behind our Jet Ski being pulled on a water toy. My son in law Kenneth and daughter Shaye were doing the pulling. I felt safe, after all my young grandchildren had been doing this all day and I didn't think Kenneth would do anything to put their children in harm's way. Everything went fine for about fifteen seconds. Then we started weaving and bouncing on the water, then we became airborne, then we bounced and weaved some more, then we were airborne again but Cole and Abbie we laughing and giggling so I figured everything must be alright. Then it seemed we were spending and equal amount of time in the air and bouncing on the water. Then there seemed to be a lot of water hitting me in the face and I guess it's been so long since I've been in the water, I forgot how to hold my breath. Soon my shoulders began to ache as was my back, my knees throbbed, my eyes burned, my hands began to cramp from my death grip and I began to hyperventilate! Just as I was preparing for what I was certain was going to be the crash of all crashes (I'm not sure but I could have been screaming), we stopped with the kids laughing and carrying on and me checking my pockets to make sure I hadn't forgotten my nitro pills. I motioned for them to head back to the pier and as we idled back to home base, I felt the pats on my back and shoulders from my giggling grandchildren and when I looked down at their smiling faces, I knew we had just had a good time. I guess good times are a little different than they used to be for me.

Comments

Popular Posts