Cattle Are Smarter Than They Used To Be

Well, living out in the country for the last couple of years has gotten me to thinkin' about a lot of different stuff as compared to what I used to think about (Not that I used to do all that much thinkin' anyway). All I used to know about the country is what I would learn from my cousins or listening to my Dad talk about growing up in the country and I learned some from watching westerns and such on TV. One thing I have noticed is that the cattle nowadays are a lot smarter than the cattle in the old days. It used to be if you wanted to move, feed, brand or just check up on the cattle, the cowboy would have to put on all his proper attire and protective gear and ride out horseback and chase , rope and drive the ornery cattle to where they wanted them to be. Now, the rancher drives his truck to the cows, opens the gate, honks his horn and the cattle come running to him. That's not to say ranching is not still hard work, there are still a lot of things that livestock haven't learned to do for themselves.  

Comments

Popular Posts