My Mind Is A Quiet Place

I just heard a song that got me to thinking (I know, here I go again). I am a back road kind of guy. When taking a trip, I go out of my way trying to stay on country or back roads. I don't feel comfortable with concrete curbs limiting my range of travel. The same is true of my trips of the mind. I travel down memory lane, not memory expressway. As with my physical travels, when traveling back in time, I prefer unrestricted travel, where speed yields to observation, observations lead to memories, and memories lead to laughter and tears, sometimes simultaneously. There is no speed limit and nothing wrong with pulling over to absorb a particularly good memory. Then too, when comparing my physical travels to travels within my mind, back roads don't bustle with a lot of traffic, and neither does my mind.

Comments

Popular Posts