Deja Vu

Not too many years ago we were all bustling around Mom and Pop's house and as I walked by the kitchen window I noticed Pop sitting out in his old chair on his back porch looking out toward  the distant horizon. Even though he seemed to have a slight smile on his face I remember a touch of concern as I pondered his sitting there alone. Now that I too am closer to a hundred  than ten and have grown children and growing grandchildren, I realize the thousands of memories, both good and bad (but more good) I have and the  sense of satisfaction I have in bringing my wonderful family to this point in our life....Pop was proud and quiet for the most part but like me, he would never be alone.

My Dad and my youngest daughter.

Me and my youngest Daughter's Daughter.

Comments

Popular Posts