It's No Longer Just A Rumor

                                  

I have a kind of excitement building within me that I haven't felt that many times since I was a kid. What started out as a journal of mostly old railroad stories, some passed on to me by old head railroaders and some an actual part of my railroad career, is about to actually become a book. We are hopeful that the book, A Gathering Of Words - A Train Of Thought, will become available in November of this year.

I don't feel that you have to be a railroad fan or even know much about the railroad to enjoy these stories. All your emotions will come into play as you follow the stories that helped shape my life. Scattered through the book will be aphorisms and quips that have passed through my busy little brain from time to time. The book cover is being produced along with the final layout of the book itself and I'm hoping to have a hard copy to parooze for final approval in the next week.

Believe it or not, I have written enough material for at least one more book. This second adventure deals more with growing up in the smallish Texas town of Brownwood in the 50's, 60's and 70's along with family and friends. But, let's see if I survive this first attempt before looking too far ahead. As soon as the information is available for purchasing the book, I will pass it on.


I want to thank all those family members and friends that have given me the confidence and help to put this thing together. Now, let's see what happens now!   

Comments

Popular Posts