HAVING SOMETHING NICE DONE FOR AMBER THAT SHE WILL REALLY LIKE AND WILL BE VERY LITTLE WORK ON MY PART



PART I ......Had a guy come over and give me an estimate on building built in cabinets and shelving that would cover one complete wall in the den and would look like a giant shadow box. Amber needs the space with all that we now have to display from our parents estates.

PART II.......The cost was waaaaay more than I thought it would be, but decided to go ahead with the plan. Amber, Happy Birthday, Late Mother's Day, and Merry Christmas for a year or two. Now what does she mean by "We may have to rearrange some things to get ready for the cabinets"?

PART III.......We moved the king sized bed out of the front bed room, moved the entertainment center out of the living room to the den and the entertainment center that was in the den to the living room, then moved a desk and queen sized bed into the front bedroom and the king sized bed into the second bedroom. Then she said something I don't understand, "Of course this will all be temporary."

PART IV......Moved the bed and the 600 pound dresser in the back bed room to four different walls and also took all hanging items off all the walls. Apparently everything that is hanging on a wall in the house will have to be moved. Amber gave me the rest of the night off.

PART  V......We took today off to be with family on this holiday weekend. We are waiting to hear from the cabinet maker as to when he is ready to start installing. Amber said when he calls that's when the serious rearranging begins.

PART VI......Haven't heard anything from the cabinet dude yet. Haven't moved any furniture or taken anything down from the walls in nearly two days. I'm concerned! I've seen Amber  doing some measuring and smiling as she walks from room to room. I've seen that smile before. Premedication may be the best plan.
Part VII......The cabinet dude called and is ready to begin installing the cabinets. Amber says all we have to do today is move all the furniture in the den up against the far wall and take all the hanging stuff off the walls. Amber has a way of making things SOUND easy.

Part VIII...... It only took the cabinet dude about a half a day to install the cabinets....I was hoping it would take days. It really looks nice, big and empty, but nice. Then Amber said something rather disturbing, "Now's when the real work begins!"

Part IX...... I have to be quick, Amber thinks I am in the bath room. So far I've carried about 250 items into the room to place into the new cabinets and Amber has used four items. This may be worse than I thought. Oops, I hear Amber coming down the hall, I got to go. Boy, that was a short honeymoon!!!

Part X......Over the last couple of weeks I have touched, moved, hung and rehung everything in the house at least three times. I am tired, bruised and had my feelings hurt on several occasions but it is done. It was all worth it just to see the satisfying smile on Amber's face as we sat together admiring her cabinets. Then, that's when she said, "This will be great, just think, we can rearrange the cabinets with every season and holiday....Fall, Spring, Summer, Christmas, Valentine's Day,  Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving...." Then she gave me a big ol' hug and kiss and said "Thank you sweetie!"



Comments

Popular Posts