Book Update

                                             

Well, I guess it's time for a little update on my book. I had always assumed the hardest part of getting a book published was the writing of the book....Guess what, as usual, I may have been mistaken. As  a matter of fact, if it hadn't been for the help of good friends Jerry Stubblefield and Mary Beth Smith I would still be lost. Mary Beth, with AlphaGraphics in North Dallas, has been sorting through and organizing the thirty something stories and hundreds of my aphorisms and various attempts at short humorous writings. We are about to come up with a page count as well as working on photographs, the book cover, selecting editors and coming up with a cost figure.

This first book, hopefully the first of several, will be titled A Gathering Of Words - A Train Of Thought. It will, as the title suggest, be made up primarily of railroad stories, some were passed on to me by old head railroaders when I was a young man and some actual happenings of mine in my nearly forty years of railroading. You don't have to be a knowledgeable railroad buff to enjoy these sometimes funny, sometimes sad but always entertaining stories.


Hopefully this first book will become available around Thanksgiving, or maybe a little sooner. If I survive this venture, I already have enough material for a second book which would be mostly about growing up in a smallish Texas town Of Brownwood along with family and friends in the 50's, 60's and into the 70's. But first, let's see how this first venture pans out. I want to thank Jerry Stubblefield (The Wordmaster) for his support  and urgings, Mary Beth Smith for her hard work and support and I want to thank all the friends and family who have read all my stuff and still urged me to put it in a book. I'm excited....let's see what happens. 

Comments

Popular Posts