Vacation (Last Day)

Well, we were winding down the final day of vacation with our girls and grand kids. Driving back home, we decided to stop at a Sonic for drinks and snacks. Amber took Cae and found a shady grassy place for him to potty while others went to the rest room and the rest tried to decide what they wanted to eat. I decided I might ought to go potty while we were there so I opened the door to get out and it struck the partition with the menu and ordering station on it. I decided I could squeeze out rather than go to the trouble of backing the car up. As I attempted to squeeze out the smaller than I thought gap, I became wedged between the door and the car. I began to struggle and the more I did the more hopeless I felt. I became short of breath and panic began to build. There were people everywhere but they were all busy doing their thing so the sight of a seventy year old man caught within the jaws of his Ford Expedition went unnoticed.

I was about to give up (Or pass out) when I heard Amber's voice and as I turned to see her walking my way, I decided I was not going to bring embarrassment to myself and to Amber. I gave a mighty shove and something gave, I was free, hurting but free. Today all is fine , other than feeling like I may have barely survived a bear hug. I don't know how many people saw this old man in that ridiculous situation but Amber didn't, or at least she didn't say anything about it.

Comments

Popular Posts