Good Listener


After finishing the weight lifting part of my workout Friday, I went over to the stationary bike to finish up with about thirty minutes of cardio. I had finished about twenty-five minutes of my cardio when an elderly lady sat down on the machine next to me. I looked over at her, pulled out my earplugs as she said "Hello!" I smiled and said hello and asked how she was doing. I then placed my ear plugs back in and continued riding. She placed ear plugs into her ears and began talking rather loud. I looked over her way and we made eye contact so I smiled and nodded. She had her ear plugs plugged into her phone so I assumed she was talking to someone on it. I couldn't understand what she was saying but every once in a while we would make eye contact and I would nod and smile. After my last five minutes were over on the bike I stopped, took off my earplugs and dismounted. I looked back at the lady and told her goodbye. She said, "Goodbye, thank you for listening to me, you are such a good listener."

Comments

Popular Posts