I Remember

I remember. I remember the hugs, the reassurances, the promises and the pride of Mom, Dad, of my grandparents and other family members too soon gone. I'll never forget friends, teammates and coworkers that made such a difference in my life but sadly lost their battle with time. I'll always be thankful for those brave selfless souls that gave their all for our freedom so we could have a choice. I can remember all the times a heartfelt "I love you" was said and meant, as well as the times it was said and not meant.
I can remember all the first times and a fewer number of the last times, with last times becoming more frequent nowadays. I recall the beginnings of two families and the beginning of the end of one. The good times dominate my memories, though bad times occasionally visit. I remember friendships that were going to be forever, but weren't, and friendships never expected, never ending.
There have been tears from laughter, tears from sadness, disappointment and tears for reasons never understood.There has been more love than hate, more happiness than sadness, more good than bad and all things new and all things old have come out even. As time marches on and plays its mind games on both the young and old, my greatest hope is that I will never lose the ability to say, "I Remember."

Comments

Popular Posts