It's Only .9 Cent

Well, I've got to get something off my chest. It has bothered me for years and it's finally gotten where I can't sleep at night (only eight hours a night). I want to know who decided every gallon of gasoline would cost a certain amount plus .9 cent. Even when gas was 20 cents a gallon there was that old .9 tacked onto it. So, we were actually paying 21 cents or at least almost.  Still today, when someone asks how much is gas today, we reply, "$1.91" when it is actually $1.91.9 or closer to $1.92. We go through our entire life not even giving that .9 cent a thought. Do you realize how many thousands and for some, millions, of gallons we have purchased in our lifetime and every one of those gallons had that .9 cents added onto it and we never gave it a thought.  I'm just waiting for a filling station owner to have enough guts to sell gas for $1.91.5. It's more likely, the day will come when bananas sell 50.9 cents a pound and we will happily pay that .9 cent thinking the banana was on 50 cents a pound.

Comments

Popular Posts