It's Official

Made a trip to Goldthwaite/Lake Merritt today. We took a small load of stuff in the pickup, but our main reason for being there was to check the progress on the remodeling and to get some business taken care of in town. We were a little disappointed in that the painters were very protective of their work area and we didn't get to see as much as we would have liked. I started to tell them I was the guy paying them but I didn't want to interrupt their train of thought.

We did get our banking accounts set up in Mills county. I'm fairly certain the financial setback suffered my our moving our money will only be short term for Tarrant County. It's official, Amber and I are now residents of Mills County. We stopped by the court house and had our home address changed to 69 PR 109, Goldthwaite, Texas 76844 on our driver's license. I did have a couple of anxious moments while in the court house. First, another large man and I boarded the smallish elevator at the same time to go to the third floor. We nodded and smiled and both looked at the maximum weight allowed on the official plaque and then the other fellow looked back at me and said, "I think I'll just use the stairs, it's only three floors."  


Then, when I got up to the driver's license office, they not only took my photo but also took my finger prints. Now in my nearly a hundred years of dealing with driver's license places all over the state I have never had to give my finger prints. I was a little concerned until Amber later told me that they had taken her prints. Of course I told her that was really strange because they didn't take mine. 

Comments

Popular Posts