Book Update

Just a little book update. First I want to thank the thousands of folks (a rough estimate, probably within 900 or so of the correct number) who preordered my book and have been patiently waiting. I want to apologize for the delays. First we received the first batch from the printers and found that there were several errors that needed attention so we had a little redo on printing the books. The corrected books came in and Mary Beth (the brains behind everything) got sick and was away from things for a while. M B is now back and the book shipments should begin to flow. Thank you for your patience.... I hope after you read it, you will think it was worth the wait.

Meanwhile you can still order my book 'A Gathering Of Words - A Train of Thought' from my blog page, TerryBeckBlog.BlogSpot.com. I will have a small supply to carry with me as I travel around promoting the book. We are also busy contacting independent book dealers, gift shops, museums and Chambers of commerce hoping to get them to carry the book for sell. I will certainly keep all advised as to my travel schedule and a list of those selling my book. I would appreciate any suggestions from those supportive folks that may have a location or two in mind.

On another note, as if I'm not going to be busy enough, I have begun to gather the material for book two, most of which is already written, and forwarding it to Mary Beth Smith to start this process all over again. The first book was primarily railroad stories but this second book, A Gathering Of Words - I've Been Thinkin', will deal with growing up in a Texas town in the 50's, 60's and 70's. This second book will be coming out this summer if all goes well.

Finally, believe it or not, I've actually started working on book three. It will be the third in the Gathering Of Words series. I don't even have the rest of the title yet but hopefully it won't be too far behind book two. Now you know as much as I do about what's going on (probably more). We are going to duck our heads and plow through this experience, have fun doing it and not worry too much about the results. Thanks to everyone!


Comments

Popular Posts