The Tree, The Leaf & Me

 The Tree, The Leaf & Me

By Terry Beck
There is a huge red oak Tree with thousands and thousands of leaves. The leaves are in transition from green to orange and red and then finally to brown. They will finally lose their battle and fall to the ground and the wind will shuffle and carry them to all sorts of places.
As for me, I have made a pact, I will check the tree daily until all the leaves have fallen but one. I would like to witness the last leaf on this mighty tree. If possible I would like to see it fall as I wonder what gave that leaf the strength to stay when all others had gone. How was it determined that it would be the last.
And then, after it has fallen, it will be as all the other leaves to everyone but me. I will pick it up and hold it for a while and try to understand, and then simply give it to the wind and let nature fulfill it's wonderful end.

Comments

Popular Posts