Wind Down Burst




Last evening while sitting with Amber watching a movie (trying to stay awake) in the quiet comfort of our new home there was suddenly a dull roar outside and then a "Bam!" on the roof right over where I was sitting. I quickly ran outside (limped out as fast as I could) and there on the roof was about half of one of our Birch trees. Apparently a thunderstorm many miles East of use had broken down and sent a downburst of wind our way. What had started as a hot lazy supper evening ended up with me laying awake most of the night worrying about any damage to my roof and the tree falling off the roof during the night on our precious little dogs. So, I finally got up, went out and pushed the tree off the roof  and found no damage. I felt much better for a minute, however, the dogs kept going in and out their doggy door and barking the rest of the night at the tree now laying in their back yard.

Comments

Popular Posts