The Goat Lady

Yesterday Amber and I drove to Ft Worth for my six month follow up appointment with my Cardiologist. We were running a little late coming home so we decided to stop and eat supper in a small town cafe. There were several couples eating in the quaint almost quiet cafe. A couple of tables away there was an older lady and her "Gentleman Friend". The reason I know he was her "Gentleman Friend" was because I heard her tell someone on her phone she was eating with a "Gentleman Friend". She received several phone calls while we were there and she spoke very loud to them as well as to her "Gentleman Friend". I now know she raises champion goats. I knew very little about goats before this eating experience but would now feel comfortable carrying on a short conversation with most any goat expert.


During several of the phone conversation she used the phrase, "Now is this going past anyone but you and I?", and then loudly speak the secret to where everyone in the cafe heard it. I now know several folks in and around that town that I wouldn't do business with. The lady's loud conversations continued and it became obvious the rest of us in the cafe were afraid to look up and make eye contact with anyone else. As we prepared to leave I felt like I needed to sign a letter of confidentiality and give her but then she started in on some guy named Dan and how she couldn't stand him because he was such a suck up. Oh well, I don't think she even realized we were in the cafe.     

Comments

Popular Posts